Maxeda Supply Chain, whose team is based at the central warehouse in Willebroek, Belgium, is working together with the ASL warehouse and logistical partners on realising a structural reduction to the ecological footprint during the transport of products to and from the warehouse and stores in the Netherlands and Belgium.
The results achieved in 2019:
- Through using inland shipping instead of road transport we managed to reduce CO2 emissions in the import of goods by 70%.
- The greener vehicle fleet meet almost 80% of the strictest Euro standards (EURO 6)
- The more than 1,000 LED bulbs in the 100,000m² ASL logistics warehouse have significantly reduced the energy consumption.
- The appointment of a team manager for further optimising waste separation.
- An independent CSR team was set up in 2019. It meets every quarter and has already developed 30 ideas, nine of which have since been put into practice. Click here for a comprehensive report of the results achieved in the area of logistics in 2019.